DIY invitations by Basic Invite
A few weeks ago I got an email from Katie. She was reaching out to me about photographing some of basic invite’s unique wedding invitation stationery products and sharing a blog post about them. Since at first I was skeptical, because I always am. I asked her a million questions about their company ethics. Do they pay their workers a fair wage? Are they creating quality products? What’s their environmental footprint? I’m actually surprised I didn’t scare her away. To my surprise she patiently answered all of my questions, and I also liked all her answers.
While I am all about hiring and supporting your local artisans, I know that sometimes you want to do a DIY project. Or you’ve decided you want to spend more of your budget on other aspects of your wedding or event. (Ahem, like splurging on your photographer).
Some of my favorite questions & answers
Where are your products made?
Our products are designed by our designer who lives in Chicago. We have a team of in-house designers who work on the production end of things making sure all of the customizations that customers make look perfect. Then we send the product to print up in Salt Lake City.
What is your work environment like?
We have a small and dedicated team who works closely together alongside the owners right here in our office. Our work environment is laid back and all of our employees work well together. We enjoy ourselves by doing team building activities and having work lunches to ensure everyone gets recognition for their contributions to the team and improving on current skills. We have a food and drink pantry and anything we need to make our jobs easier is available to us. Our company has high standards of service which we not only set for ourselves but pride ourselves on.
How do you help your customers?
By giving customers the opportunity to create the perfect invitations and stationery for every life event. The convenience of our online company gives busy customers the choice to work on their designs from the comfort of their own home during the hours that work best for them. Not to mention, our endless customization options. We really offer up pretty much any possible which means we are able to serve every style and every taste. We ship to all 50 states, Canada, and overseas to the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand with an estimated arrival time of 5-10 business days. Overall, we are here to help ensure that each customer has the invite of their dream and help them feel they have created their exact vision.
A few other fun facts about basic invite:
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed custom sample.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – All of our envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
- Over 200 Wedding Invitation Sets – Each of our wedding invitations is part of a set. You can find everything from save the dates to wedding invitations and enclosure cards, wedding menus, wedding programs and even matching thank you cards!
- Free Address Collection Service – Use our free address collection service to request your addresses with just three simple steps. Share a link, collect addresses, and get free envelope printing.
I took some shots of the sample stationery that they sent me, check them out!
So, in all transparency, this is a sponsored post by basic invite. Personally I think that if you are looking for DIY place to order your invitations this would be a great company to use!
Find more about Basic Invite at their website, facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram.
© Ella Sophie
Oakland CA boudoir photographer
I promise I won’t overflow your inbox, I only send occasional updates with brief and pretty content!